|Cosmos Internet Services
ABN: 97 075 155 225
Setting Up Microsoft Outlook 97
Before you begin, please ensure that Microsoft Outlook 97 has been installed and that a Windows 95 Dial-Up Networking connection has been set up.
Setting Up Windows 95 Dial-Up Networking.
Step 1 : Configuring Your Outlook Profile
- In Outlook 97, pull down the Tools menu and select Services.
- You need to add three services (Internet Mail, Personal Folders and Personal Address Book).
Step 2 : Adding the Internet Mail Service
- Click the Add button and select Internet Mail. Press OK.
- In the Full name field, enter your name (eg. Jim Beam)
- In the E-Mail address field, enter your email address.
- Your email address is email@example.com where
is your Mikka Internet username.
- In the Internet Mail server, enter pop.mikka.net.au
- In the Account name field, enter your username.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- Click Advanced Options and enter pop.mikka.net.au
in the box provided (SMTP).
- Click OK.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Enable Connect using the network.
- Place a checkmark in the box beside Work off-line and use
- Click OK.
Step 3 : Adding the Personal Address Book
- Click Add and select Personal Address Book. Click OK.
- Under the Personal Address Book tab, set Path to the
directory in which you wish to install the address book and click OK.
If you have an existing Outlook address book, enter its location in the Path
Step 4 : Adding the Personal Folders
- Click Add and select choose Personal Folders. Click OK.
- Choose a folder on your hard drive in which you would like to store your
Personal Folders. Preferably, this should in the same location as your address book. Once
you've selected a folder, give your Folders file a descriptive name and click Open.
Again, if you have existing Outlook folders, then you can direct Outlook to use that file,
rather than create a new one.
- To use the default settings, click OK. If you want to secure your
folder, you can fill out the password section. However, if you forget the password, there
is no way of recovering this profile. This password has nothing to do with your account.
- Click OK to close the Services window.
- Restart Microsoft Outlook 97 so that your changes will take effect.